Who says egg whites need to taste rubbery? Give me some masala and spices and I’ll hand you egg whites that will BLOW YOUR MIND.
Macros: Mostly protein. You can use real eggs if you’d like some fats in here. Eat with a side of bread or rice to round out your meal with carbs!
Makes 1-2 servings, depending on how hungry you are and how much protein you want.
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 handful spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1 chopped tomato (optional) OR 1/2 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion (OR 1 tsp onion powder)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (OR 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoons: garam masala, cumin, and coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon: turmeric, red chili powder (*Use less red chili if you are sensitive to this)
- Sea salt + Black pepper to taste
1. Spray a pan with olive oil spray, and sauteé the onion and garlic
2. Add the spinach and tomato and cook (or thaw spinach if it’s frozen).
2. Add the egg whites and cook, scrambling around in the pan.
3. Add all the spices. Taste as you go to ensure you like the taste!