These are DELICIOUS and so easy to make. Plus they’re awesome for #mealprepping!
- One 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 6 large cloves fresh garlic (use more if you like!)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (about half a bunch)
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Olive or avocado oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet OR muffin pan with oil.
- Add all the ingredients except the flour into a food processor. Process until chunky. Add the flour and pulse to stir it in. At this point your mixture should still be chunky – The chunks add some nice texture to it! The mixture should also be holding together quite well.
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture out and form into small patties. You should get about 12-15. Place on baking sheet or in the muffin tin.
- SPRAY the patties well with oil again, and pop them into the oven.
- Bake 15 minutes, flip patties and bake for another 15 minutes or until falafel are golden and cooked through. NOTE – The key is to dry the patties out. If the batter comes out a little “wet,” feel free to bake a little longer.