Here are some things I often eat as snacks between meals.
When I look for snacks I look for things that are:
- Around 200-300 calories
- Have at least 10g protein to keep me full.
- Have some healthy carbs + a little healthy fat in there
- If I can get some fiber in there that’s an awesome bonus to help tide me over between meals!
Some of my favorite high-protein snacks are:
- GREEK YOGURT + a piece of fruit
- PROTEIN CHIPS (yes they are a thing and they are amazing).
- PROTEIN POPCORN from SQUARE Organics (code ‘squats_and_samosas’ for a 15% discount)
- PROTEIN BARS – my favorites are
- SQUARE Crisp Bars (taste like a rice crispie and reese’s had a baby)
- SQUARE regular bars
- QUEST Hero bars (legit taste like candy bars)
- HALO TOP High Protein ICE CREAM (holy shit this stuff is amazing!)
- HARD BOILD EGGS eggs / egg whites
- EGG WHITE MUFFINS (see my recipe for these – they make a great snack)
- PROTEIN SMOOTHIES – Protein powder or Greek yogurt + fruit + ice blended up.
- OATMEAL w/ PROTEIN POWDER mixed in. I use Nuzest Clean Lean protein, which I love! I think it tastes like melted ice cream. Code DEE15 gets you 15% off.
- CHICKEN BREAST with a little rice or veggies (it’s pretty portable).